Distance: 12 miles round-trip
Directions: Head south on Highway 101 from Santa Maria, exit on Betteravia Road. Follow Betteravia Road, turn left on Brown Road and follow the road to the locked gate at the end of the road. From the gate to Point Sal Beach, it is a long five-mile hike. The trail may be closed occasionally due to military operations. Check with www.vandenberg.af.mil for any closures.
Please observe the following trail rules and regulations:
- Trail use is from sunrise to sunset only. Please time your hike to be back to this starting point before sunset. No overnight camping.
- This trail is for PEDESTRIAN USE ONLY. No bicycles, horses or other mechanized vehicles are allowed.
- Stay on the designated trail. Public access to the beach follows the road and goes through private property and Vandenberg Air Force Base property. Do not trespass and obey posted signs.
- No firearms or hunting allowed.
- Please park vehicles off the road and DO NOT BLOCK GATE.
Description: Coming soon