Bequests, planned gifts and legacy donations from your estate will help ensure that the places you cared about and worked for in your lifetime are preserved even after you are gone. By including us in your vision you are invited to join our Terra Firma Society, an elite group of donors whose vital support for our organization entitles them to special benefits and recognition.
Planned Giving Options
- Bequest by Will or Living Trust: Donate a specific amount, make a gift from the residuary of your estate, or name The Land Conservancy as a contingent beneficiary. Sample language
- Stock and Securities: A gift of appreciated stock, securities, or closely held securities will provide for The Land Conservancy as well as provide you with a significant income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock. Discuss the possibilities with your financial advisor.
- Real Estate: Gifts of real estate may include developed property, undeveloped land, or a remainder interest in a personal residence, farm, or vacation home.
- Life Insurance: Give a gift by naming The Land Conservancy as a beneficiary or contingent beneficiary of your life insurance policies. The Land Conservancy can also be named as the owner of whole life insurance policies, which has significant tax benefits.
- Retirement Assets: Enjoy tax benefits by naming The Land Conservancy as beneficiary of your retirement plans, such as pension plans, annuity contracts, 401(k) plans, and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs).
- Charitable Gift Annuities: Make a contribution of cash or securities to The Land Conservancy and receive guaranteed fixed income for life, as well as significant tax benefits.
- Charitable Lead Trusts: Provide security for your future while enjoying significant tax benefits today and making a legacy contribution to The Land Conservancy.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts: Support The Land Conservancy while enjoying guaranteed fixed income for life.
Please contact us to discuss your desires so that we can make sure your wishes will be fully met. Direct your questions or requests to Heather Mullin, Development Manager at (805) 544-9096 x14 or email@example.com.
The Land Conservancy of San Luis Obispo County is not a financial, legal or tax advisor. Please consult your own advisors regarding your financial, legal, or tax needs to make certain that a contemplated gift fits well into your overall circumstances and planning. The discussion and example in this document are for illustrative and educational purposes only and are not a solicitation or offer.