TAKE ACTION AND SHOW YOUR COMMUNITY SPIRIT
DONATE TODAY & DOUBLE YOUR IMPACT!
Generous private donors have pledged to match community donations dollar-for-dollar. Double your donation today, and we will leverage it even further with major grant funding. Online: www.LCSLO.org Mail: PO Box 12206, SLO CA 93406 In-Person: 1137 Pacific St, Suite A, SLO
PUBLIC MEETINGS FOR PISMO PRESERVE FUNDING
Wear a green shirt! Speak up at the meeting and contact elected officials in advance about why you support the project.
- Regional Water Quality Control Board Thursday, July 31 (late morning/early afternoon) 105 East Anapamu Street, Santa Barbara, CA (Board Room, 4th Floor) Contact LC@LCSLO.org to carpool or ride a bus with other supporters Request up to $800,000 from 1998 Guadalupe Oil Spill Settlement Funds https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/centralcoast/board_info/agendas/2014/2014_agendas.shtml
- City of San Luis Obispo Council Meeting Tuesday, August 19 (tentative) 990 Palm St, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 Request up to $100,000 in funding from City of SLO City of Pismo ($900,000); City of AG ($40,000); City of Grover Beach ($5,000) https://www.slocity.org/cityclerk/agendas/council.asp
- Wildlife Conservation Board Meeting Thursday, August 28, 9am-5pm State Capitol, Sacramento, CA 95814 Request $4 Million as “match” to State Coastal Conservancy & local dollars https://www.wcb.ca.gov/
LETTERS OF SUPPORT
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, 895 Aerovista Place, Suite 101, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401-7906
Chairman Jean Pierre Wolff email@example.com, Dr. Monica S. Hunter, Bruce Delgado, Russell Jeffries, Michael Johnston, Michael Jordan, and Jeffrey Young
- City of San Luis Obispo Council City Hall, 990 Palm St, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Mayor Jan Howell Marx- firstname.lastname@example.org, Vice Mayor Carlyn Christianson- email@example.com, Council Member Dan Carpenter- firstname.lastname@example.org, Council Member Kathy Smith- email@example.com, Council Member John Ashbaugh- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wildlife Conservation Board 1807 13th Street, Suite 103 Sacramento, CA 95811
Attn: John Donnelly, Executive Director John.Donnelly@wildlife.ca.gov
LETTER OF SUPPORT OUTLINE
To: Name / Agency From: Your Name / Organization
Subject: Support for The Land Conservancy of San Luis Obispo’s Pismo Preserve
I’m writing to you on behalf of Name of Organization which works to … mission/purpose of your organization OR as a citizen and resident of City, San Luis Obispo County.
I would like to express support for the Land Conservancy of San Luis Obispo County’s proposed purchase of a 900-acre private ranch above Pismo Beach to create the Pismo Preserve for public open space. Our organization represents # people/demographic that would benefit from this project in the following ways: The proposed Pismo Preserve will provide …. Transforming this scenic private property into public open space will positively impact my community by ….
Because of the many benefits the Pismo Preserve would directly provide to residents of San Luis Obispo County and visitors to this region, I/we strongly urge you to support The Land Conservancy’s Pismo Preserve project by fully funding their request.
Thank you for your consideration of the proposed Pismo Preserve.
Name / Name of Organization