Our donors and volunteers are the reason we are able to conserve, care for, and connect with land in San Luis Obispo County. Together, we make sure that wild, natural places exist for our enjoyment today and for future generations to enjoy forever.
Providing sustaining support for The Land Conservancy is easier than ever with our automatic recurring billing option. This secure and simple tool allows you to specify a donation amount that will be automatically billed to you at an interval of your choice. Simply choose the amount and frequency (monthly, quarterly, or yearly) to begin your sustaining donation and earn special benefits.
Most large companies in our area have a matching program for their employees – including PG&E, ConocoPhillips, Apple, ING, and General Electric. Many of these companies even provide matching gifts for retirees and volunteers. Double the impact of your donation by asking your employer to match it. Check with your HR staff to find what your company can do.
Land, Real Estate and Easement Donations
Our professional staff and Board of Trustees have decades of experience helping private property owners leave a lasting legacy of land conservation. In addition to conservation properties, gifts of commercial or residential real estate are greatly appreciated. Contact us to determine the best way to leverage your donation for community good. More information for landowners considering a conservation legacy can be found here.
Donor-Directed Project Support
We respect your choice in directing your hard-earned dollars. Dedicate your donation to a specific program area that best matches your interest. Your online donation automatically gets designated to our General Fund unless you specify which fund you want to use in the notes box. Choose from one of the following special funds, and designate your gift when using the online donation form.
- Annual Membership: Ensure the expansion and permanence of local land conservation for all generations to enjoy
- Octagon Barn: Help open this historic site for community use, including a new trailhead for future expansion of the Bob Jones Trail
- Learning Among the Oaks / Oak Trail Fund: Support hands-on outdoor education for students and families at Santa Margarita Elementary School
- Conservation Impact Fund: Increase our conservation capacity by directly supporting staff time to pursue projects
- Healthy Lands Forever Fund: Provide for the care and stewardship of conservation lands we own